Every company has room to improve and local courier service providers are no different. Local courier companies are there to help businesses move deliveries and must ensure a great experience for everyone who uses their services.
- The Important Differences Between Standard Shipping and Courier Services
- Here Is How Ape Ship Outperforms Other Delivery Companies & Can Help Move You Forward
All courier service providers know how important customer service is to their success and there are other areas that are just as important. Here are 4 ways you can improve your local courier service company.
4 Ways To Improve Your Local Courier Service Company
This might be the most important area to focus on. Customers want to be kept in the loop and know where their deliveries are at any given moment. This can be time consuming for a courier service and automation might be something you look into. A system that provides customers regular updates and ETAs can go a long way to providing them a great experience with your business.
Friendly Delivery Drivers
Your delivery drivers act as an extension of your brand whenever they are out on the road and speaking with customers. Making sure they are happy and optimistic about their job should be high on your list of importance. There are a number of ways you can minimize their stress and have them be a great ambassador for your local courier company. Employers can offer them a fair wage, regular breaks, and proper equipment to do their job properly.
Here at Ape Ship, our amazing delivery driver, Firas, is always smiling and makes sure all of our customers have a good experience. Firas always goes above and beyond, while making sure that their packages are handled with care as if it's our own.
You need reliable vehicles in order for your courier company to operate. It’s as simple as that. Delivery vehicles should always undergo regular maintenance to avoid them breaking down while out for delivery. Each vehicle should also be equipped with a spare tire, packing materials, extra boxes, and anything else that’ll keep both the delivery driver and vehicle safe. Equipping delivery vehicles with a GPS navigation system is important as well since drivers are driving to numerous locations at any given time.
Marketing is quickly evolving and there are a number of ways you can let people know about your courier services. These include:
- Social media: Share company updates with your customers, give insight into your company culture, and share customer testimonials that’ll help convince people to use your services.
- Blog: Utilizing a blog is your opportunity to show how your business truly stands out from others. You can write on industry news and trends that help show how your brand is an industry leader and that your team stays up-to-date with current trends. A blog can be a good space to write longer success stories and even share customer case studies.
- Google Ads: Google is the largest search engine in the world and possesses over half of the search engine market. People use Google to search for anything and everything, including delivery companies. Creating Google Ads will let your business take advantage of Google’s massive reach and let you target the customers you want. Google Ads can be edited/managed at any time, meaning you can adjust them to meet your business needs at any given moment. Experiencing a budget crunch? Pause your ads. Want to target a new demographic? Adjust your campaign details. The choice is yours!
About Ape Ship
Ape Ship is a courier and freight company that provides small parcel to single pallet delivery to local businesses in Lower Mainland. We are the preferred carrier for lower mainland healthcare and B.C. long-term care facilities.
At Ape Ship, we believe in being community minded and service oriented, while providing fast and reliable deliveries.
Contact Ape Ship today to learn more about our courier and freight services!